Thursday, January 6, 2011

First Finished Quilt of 2011


Janine came over for a working lunch earlier this week and brought with her our first completed quilt for the year!  We had each worked on this In and Out top at the end of 2010 (I can't believe that year is over already) and had sent it to be quilted and bound.  We love the In and Out pattern...and we love these fabrics by Marcia Derse.  This quilt was a welcome sight for both of us.  Since the end of October, my quilting studio has been in a continuous state of flux.  It currently looks like this (YIKES!):




The above picture is my forlorn longarm cord.  My poor Millennium is in a box in our upstairs hallway.  I am looking forward to putting her all back together!

My dear husband is such a good sport about all of this...the noise (this past week they have been replacing water pipes...between the banging and sawing I was pretty sure we were all going to end up in the basement permanently!), the fact that I have now taken over the ENTIRE basement and there is no room for the neon Bears sign or framed picture of the White Sox World Series win or his modest collection of baseballs in small lucite boxes..., the fact that the entire rest of the house is now my sewing room now that Christmas is over (Maggie loves my pincushion--not exactly the toy of choice for a two year old), and let's not forget the various states of panic I may or may not be in depending on the level of stress I am feeling about being out of the studio for three months straight.

Until the completion of said studio, I am trying to make the best use of my time and still be creative.  Sometimes that means playing with Maggie and her newly acquired set of 'Bug's Life' toys from our friend Linnea.  Other times it means cutting out future quilts at the kitchen island or commandeering the dining room for a project in progress.  At any rate, I am excited as the noise from below continues to promise a finished studio in the not-so-distant future!

No comments:

Post a Comment