Tuesday, November 9, 2010

It Has Been a Long Time in the Making

Hi!  Thanks for stopping by.  After literally years of thinking about it, I have finally taken the plunge and started a blog.  I am both excited and nervous about this commitment.  I think it will do a lot in terms of keeping me in check!  I know I will be working on things just to have them to put in a post.  I am also welcoming the challenge of putting thoughts, ideas, and the latest happenings at Blue Underground Studios into words. I am nervous about actually posting regularly...but have resolved to do the best I can.

The irony is that the very thing that gives me something to write about - my quilting studio-is the very reason I have the time to finally start this blog.  We are currently in the process of completely redoing my quilting space which is in the basement of our 1945 English Tudor on the north side of our beautiful Chicago.  For the past month, when I have not been working on quilts for market, I have been cleaning out bins of fabric, shredding paper, getting rid of TONS of scraps, wondering why I ever started some of my old UFO's and sorting through my old history notes from my former career as a teacher.  All of my fabric and sewing supplies are now stashed around our house...in my daughter's room, in our foyer, the den, the kitchen...Being productive is going to be a challenge.  But, I am certain it will be worth it!

Stop by often to see my latest quilting projects, etc!

5 comments:

  1. Amy this quilt is gorgeous. I am also a quilter - substitute teacher, and quilt instructor. I miss quilting as we moved from CT down to FL - lived in a trailer for ove 1 year while we looked for a house, and now that we r in - can't set up my sewing room. But I am determined to get back to it. I will bookmark ur site - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Honey! I hope you get back to sewing soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Amy, fabulous colors, fabulous quilts, YEA! Judy Chaffee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Judy! I'm a little excited to finally have this up and running....

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is quite possibly one of the most beautiful blogs I have ever seen. Just simply fabulous. Well done Amy!!

    ReplyDelete