Wednesday, December 14, 2011

LOFT baby quilt

Well....It's been a while since I've posted here.  Something happened...I think I blinked....and all of the sudden it was December 14th.  Anyway, I've been working on a lot of projects that I can't post anything about at the moment....and some that I can.

I've recently started a new quilt for a special little someone in our lives, and it's meant to be a Christmas gift.  (And about Christmas sewing:  why is it always December before it occurs to me that I could make gifts for people?)  This quilt is one that I have been wanting to make ever since I made the original for Colorful Quilts last year.  It's called LOFT.



Of the five quilts that I have in the Colorful Quilts book, LOFT might very well be my favorite.  I love the simplicity and straightforwardness (if that's a word) of it.  Even though I made the original with all solids, I have really been wanting to try it with a solid/print combination.

I decided to do pink and cream, since this quilt is for a little girl.  I always like to meet a baby before I make a baby quilt.  I find that I make color and fabric choices that are influenced by the baby's personality.  This particular little girl is bubbly and sweet, and happens to have a little ( or actually a lot) of pink in her nursery.  Not that I am overly concerned with being matchy-matchy, mind you, but if it works out that way, it's like a little bonus.



One of the fun things about this quilt is that the blocks go together pretty quickly and are really fun to sew.  Here they are, ready to be sewn together with the sashing and borders:


The top is actually together, and ready to go on my quilting frame to be quilted--with a week to spare!  I can do this--no problem!

But, you'll have to wait until after Christmas to see pictures on the finished quilt :-).

Hope you're having a beautiful holiday season!

                                   

1 comment:

  1. Fun to see an option with prints! Look forward to seeing the whole thing--the addition of sashing will make a big difference.

    ReplyDelete